Silence and Solitude
Drowning out the noise of the world is a vital spiritual discipline. It does not come easy but yields incredible rewards. You will hear His voice, receive answers, solutions, direction, but most of all have intimacy with the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
When I am home from travels I relish my silence and solitude early in the morning with bird song and gentle breeze. I enter my portable sanctuary, a sacred place of safe rest, while delighting in His love and goodness. It is an awesome place to be, far away from the turmoil and traffic of the world.
How does one create this critical discipline?
1. Plan for it – A specific time is crucial
2. Pursue it in a quiet place – Create one
3. Place it as a priority – Make it bullet proof
4. Practice it – Until you can’t live without it
5. Pray, pause, and then listen – His voice will come.
Dr. Russ Frase